On Friday, December 17th at 1:00 p.m. EST, I’ll be a guest on Harry Faddis‘ Show, The Quest of Life, on WRPI Radio out of Troy, New York. The topic for this session will be How to Connect Your Spirit and Your Work, and I’ll be talking about the following five points.
- Listen to Your Heart: Dreams deferred come out somewhere. We tend to life out other people’s dreams. (Family, society pressure, etc.) Need to be in a space to listen to yourself.
- What do you need to feed your spirit?
- Identify your Values: What are the important aspects of your professional life.
- What role does your career play in your life?
- Career Planning: Come up with a long range goal and work on the next steps. Unless there is forward momentum, you’ll feel stuck.
You can listen live by going to wrpi.org at 1:00 p.m. or you can subscribe to the podcast (more information at http://www.thequestoflife.com/). It’s a tremendous podcast which covers all aspects of queer spirituality and how we make our way in the world. The show is every Friday from 12 noon – 2 p.m. and they only play music by LGBT musicians. Give a listen!